Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] shutdown windows client after backup

2011-05-26 03:46:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] shutdown windows client after backup
From: Marcello Romani <mromani AT ottotecnica DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 09:23:22 +0200
Hi,
     I'd like to share a tip about shutting down a windows client after
its backuò job has finished.
Nothing spectacular, but I guessed somebody would find it useful.

1) Create a batch file with a suitable name, e.g. C:\shutdown.bat
2) Put this single line in it:

shutdown -s -t 0

which simply means halt the system (-s) and do it now (-t 0).

Then in bacula-dir.conf on the host where bacula director runs, edit the
job resource of the windows client and add this line:

ClientRunAfterJob = "C:/shutdown.bat"

The client machine whill shutdown immediataly after the backup job has
finished.

Disclaimer: I haven't tested this with unsaved documents open...

HTH

--
Marcello Romani