Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Question about lost 'tapes'

2011-05-25 10:26:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Question about lost 'tapes'
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 16:19:59 +0200
Hi,

2011/5/25 Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy AT karlsbakk DOT net>
Hi all

Seems I've lost a couple of 'tapes', or files, that is. After a multiple drive failure, some files are listed as corrupt by ZFS:

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

       /dbpool/bacula/data/Incr-1466
       /dbpool/bacula/data/Incr-0731

Now, this wasn't meant to happen, the drives are in small RAIDz2 VDEVs, so safety is very high, but apparently, it did because of a freak combination of a hot datacentre and a bad set of WD Black drives.

Now - a few questions:
 - How can I find which backup jobs are affected by this?

Just use a simple sql statement:
--------------------
select
  name,starttime
from
  media m, jobmedia jm, job
where
  volumename='<yourvolumename>' and m.mediaid=jm.mediaid and jm.jobid=job.jobid;
--------------------

When you replace <yourvolumename> by a lost volume, you should get a lost Job names and Job start times.

Hope it helps.

- Since we rarely do full backups, and stick to incrementals, how can I find which jobs must be re-run as full because of such a 'broke chain'?

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk