Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Recycling volumes

2011-05-20 12:54:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Recycling volumes
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Cleuson Alves <cleuson.o AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 12:51:00 -0400
> Good afternoon everyone, I'm new to this list, but I need help.
> if I set a pool in this way the label format will keep the name and recycle
> automatically changing only the date and year, and need not create it again?
> The seventh volume in the incremental backup will be recycled as they are
> only 6 days of retention?
>
> Below the pool:
>
> Pool {
> Name = Incremental
> Pool type = backup
> Storage = HD
> Recycle = yes
> AutoPrune = yes
> Volume Use Duration = 20 hours
> Volume Retention = 6 days
> Label Format = "Client - $ {Day: p/2/0/r} - $ {Month: p/2/0/r} - $ {Year}"
> MaximumVolume = 900G
> }

I believe that bacula on the next week will reuse the volume from the
previous week but leave the volume name to be whatever it was when it
was first labeled.

I may be wrong. I use mostly 100+ LTO tapes with and an autochanger.
With this the lables are what is on the barcode for the lifetime of
the tape.

Also I believe "MaximumVolume" should be changed to "Maximum Volume Bytes"

John