Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Questions regarding the bcopy utility

2011-05-17 16:37:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Questions regarding the bcopy utility
From: Jerry Lowry <jlowry AT edt DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 13:37:25 -0700
Hi,

I am trying to utilize the bcopy utility to copy corrupt volumes to new volumes that I can bscan into bacula.  I look at the documentation and it does not say whether I need to create new volumes in bacula or not, I assume I do.  But, the docs say that the new volume is not recorded in the catalog.
I created a volume in bacula and tried the copy but it failed with the errors attached.  Also,I have loaded the patch 1560 for bcopy.
Any help is wonderful.

thanks,

Jerold Lowry
IT Manager / Software Engineer
Engineering Design Team (EDT), Inc. a HEICO company
1400 NW Compton Drive, Suite 315
Beaverton, Oregon 97006 (U.S.A.)
Phone: 503-690-1234 / 800-435-4320
Fax: 503-690-1243