Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore without creating top level directory

2011-05-09 11:53:23
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore without creating top level directory
From: Mike Hobbs <mhobbs AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2011 11:49:22 -0400
  Question,  I'm trying to do a restore of a file system, in this case,
/opt.  I want to restore everything on this partition.

I have a spare disk mounted in another client with all the file systems
created, formatted and mounted. In this case I have the file system I
want to restore to, mounted as /export/opt.

In bconsole, I have marked everything under the /opt directory, I then
backed out to root and unmarked (not recursive) the /opt directory.

When I run the restore I would like all the files to be restored to
/export/opt, but even after unmarking /opt/ it is still creating the top
level directory, so my restore point ends up being /export/opt/opt/

Is there a way to get bacula to NOT create the top level directory?
There must be I'm sure I'm just missing something here.

Thank you,

mike