Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bat through SSH X11 forwarding works parcially fine/bad

2011-05-06 13:56:13
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bat through SSH X11 forwarding works parcially fine/bad
From: Jason Voorhees <jvoorhees1 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 12:52:01 -0500
Hi people:

I'm running Bacula 5.0.3 (compiled from source) on CentOS 5.6 x86_64.
I made a "basic" installation of CentOS without X Window, nor
GNOME/KDE/etc GUI, just pure console. I installed qt43, qt43-devel
(required to compile Bat) and xorg-x11-xauth (to be able to run X apps
trough SSH X11 forwarding).

My Bacula installation is working perfectly, but when I run bat
through a ssh x11 forwarding session from my Ubuntu desktop then Bat
seems to work fine, it loads correctly. I can use without problems the
"Console", "Clients", "FileSets", "Jobs", "Pools", "Media" and
"Storage" sections, but "Jobs Run", "Version Browser" and "Director
Status" don't seem to work. When I click on them the window just seem
to hung (similar to suspend a task from shell with ^Z).

I experienced this on a similar  system with RHEL 6 and I solved just
installing the hole X Window System and GNOME environment running then
to runlevel 5. But now I don't want to install the hole GUI of my
CentOS to "solve" this.

Does anybody know why is this hapenning to bat? I hope someone can help me.

Thanks, bye.