Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 5.0.2: Unable to open device "FileStorage" . No Volume name given.

2011-05-03 06:16:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] 5.0.2: Unable to open device "FileStorage" . No Volume name given.
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 13:14:05 +0300
Hello. I just upgraded from 2.4.4 to 5.0.2 as I upgraded my Debian.

I have a FileStorage on a NAS. Went with full backup, and it backed up
maybe 10 volumes, and then stopped. Asked me to mount a volume or label
a new. So I unmounted, and then tried to mount.

Bacula says:

3901 Unable to open device "FileStorage" (/backup/bacula): ERR=Could not
open file device "FileStorage" (/backup/bacula). No Volume name given.

The cifs mount is active, and the volume it wants is available. What
means this "No volume name given"?

---- bacula-sd.conf:
Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /backup/bacula
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

---- bacula-dir.conf:

# Definition of file storage device
Storage {
  Name = File
# Do not use "localhost" here
  Address = pallas.digital-identity.local      # N.B. Use a fully
qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "secret"
  Device = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
}

# Default pool definition
Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 365 days         # one year
  Label Format = BCK-
  Maximum Volumes = 100
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 4.36G
  PurgeOldestVolume = yes
}

What might be with it in 5.0.2?

--

This is the first age that's paid much attention to the future, which is a
little ironic since we may not have one.