Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Network buffer size 512 not multiple of tape block size - ON DISK!!!

2011-04-27 06:12:55
Subject: [Bacula-users] Network buffer size 512 not multiple of tape block size - ON DISK!!!
From: Isaac <netamego AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:09:28 +0000 (UTC)
 Hi,

   I am very frustrating with this.

    I have a Celerra Nas that exports NFS Filesystem.

    On Linux server (director and storage daemon) I mount the Filesystem in
the next manner:

10.1.232.2:/fs_Bacula /Vols_Bacula nfs rw,bg,hard,intr,rsize=32768,wsize=32768
0  0

   On Storage Daemon i have ONLY the next definition:

Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /Vols_Bacula
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

  On Client Daemon i have the next definition:

  Name = a0171f01-fd
  FDport = 9102                # where we listen for the director
  WorkingDirectory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"
  Pid Directory = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\working"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 10
  Maximum Network Buffer Size = 512
  Heartbeat Interval = 5
}

As first case:
  When i launch the job always I have the next error:

"Network buffer size 512 not multiple of tape block size."

   But not awlways at same point. Sometimes at 20 mg copied, some times at 8
Gb copied.

 I have tried to change "Maximum Network Buffer Size" to others values
multiple of 32768 but unsuccessfully.

As second case:
 I have tried setup  "Maximum Network Buffer Size" to 32768 but i obtain the
next error:

"Write error sending 32768 bytes to Storage daemon:A01CD901:9103:
ERR=Input/output error"
"Network error reading from FD. ERR=No data available "

Only at first case, windows file daemon crash.

  Please, i am very desperate with this.

Thanks a lot.

Environment:
Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS (Lucid Lynx)
Bacula (dir,sd and fd) 5.0.3
fd -> Windows 2000 Server 5.0.2195 SP 4 Build 2195