Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Force Bacula to retain at least one Full backup per job?

2011-04-15 19:05:19
Subject: [Bacula-users] Force Bacula to retain at least one Full backup per job?
From: CDuv <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:43:47 -0700
Hello,

While testing Bacula, I've had this bad "No full backup before 2011-04-15
13:37:00 found" surprise when trying to restore files of a Job

The client status shows that jobs were correctly done (both full and
incremental btw) but restore command says he can't.

I think my problem comes from retention times: files/jobs of a full backup
getting pruned after the defined File/Job Retention setting.

Let's say I set a retention of 10 days and schedule my full backup every weeks
: this should run fine, 10-days-old backups will be pruned 3 days after the
last full backup. Right?

But what if that Client isn't available for two weeks? The Job won't run, so
will the full backup. But I think pruning will occurs and will make my job
without any backup (either full or incremental). Am I still right?

So here is my question: Is there a way to prevent Bacula from pruning
files/jobs that are part of the last full backup Job done?

Thank you