Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-dir.conf - the DirAddress variable

2011-04-14 17:43:39
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-dir.conf - the DirAddress variable
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Wagner Pereira <wpereira AT pop-sp.rnp DOT br>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 17:41:15 -0400
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
>> That's my first message to the bacula-users mailing list.
>>
>> I searched in all the Bacula's documentation and didn't find the answer:
>>
>> In the bacula-dir.conf file there is a variable named DirAddress (the
>> default is 127.0.0.1). I think I should to change to my server's IP, but
>> I'm not sure.
>>

> Yes. Change this and ALL instances of 127.0.0.1 or localhost to limit
> bacula to only the machine that the director runs on.

Sorry my browser locked up because of an addon and I did not send what
I intended..

I meant change all instances of 127.0.0.1 and localhost to the
external ip address unless you want to limit bacula to only the
machine that the director is on.

Some over secure distributions supply bacula with default
configuration files that cause bacula to be a single machine backup
server that can only backup itself and you can only connect to it on
the server itself..

John