Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] pool vs storage

2011-04-03 09:56:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] pool vs storage
From: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: "hymie!" <hymie AT lactose.homelinux DOT net>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 23:37:44 +1000
hymie! wrote:
> Greetings.  A couple of questions so that I can hopefully better
> understand what I'm doing with my Bacula setup.
>
> Q1:
> Is this statment correct?
> "A Storage may contain several Pools, but a Pool lives on one and only one
> Storage"

Yes, a pool is a collection of media that fit (or normall reside on)
that storage device.
AFAIK Bacula doesn't do storage classes, like printers.

> If this is correct, then why is the Storage selected within a Job
> specification and not within the Pool spec?

So you can store a job elsewhere for whatever reason.

> Q2:
> If I have two Pools and two Storages, can my Volume names overlap?  Or
> must my Volume names be unique across my various Storages and Pools?

Yes, must be unique.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Bicycles, Appropriate Technology, Natural Environment, Welding