Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Jobdef inheriting from another jobdef

2011-02-25 14:29:17
Subject: [Bacula-users] Jobdef inheriting from another jobdef
From: James Woodward <jaw2 AT ualberta DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:27:07 -0700
Hello,

Has anyone tried setting up a situation where you have multiple layers of job
definitions? I'm trying to set up an environment where I have default jobs that
define the bulk of the normal options. Like the DefaultRestoreJob below. Then
have another job definition that overrides some of the defaults specific to a
storage daemon and Finally an actual job that uses the second level job
defaults. Basically ending up with the RestoreCatalog job inheriting from the
sd9-DefaultRestoreJob which inherits from DefaultRestoreJob.  What I'm running
into is when running bacula-dir -tv I get the following error.

25-Feb 10:44 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
"type" directive in Job "RestoreCatalog" resource is required, but not found.

I have a similar level of inheritance for backup jobs and I'm not seeing this
error. If I put in a Type = Restore into the sd9-DefaultRestoreJob I do not
encounter this error. I also have a similar setup for backups but they do not
have this error either.

I'm looking for feedback as to whether or not this should work or if it's just
a bad idea.

JobDefs {
 Name = "DefaultRestoreJob"
 Messages = Standard
 Type = Restore
 Priority = 9
 Write Bootstrap = "/var/db/bacula/%c.bsr"
 Pool = NoPool
 Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
 Allow Duplicate Jobs = No
 Allow Mixed Priority = Yes