Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Constant incrementals

2011-02-21 17:27:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Constant incrementals
From: "J. Echter" <j.echter AT elektro-mayer-echter DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:25:08 +0100
Am 21.02.2011 17:10, schrieb Chris Geegan:
> I am fairly new to Bacula and am very pleased with it. I have also seen a
> number of questions regarding remote client backups. As an IT admin I have
> found a number of product now have the ability to perform one full backup
> and then incrementals from that point forward. They also have the ability
> to collapse incrementals into a new synthetic Full.
>
> Does Bacula have a similar feature? I am curious about both remote client
> backups and smaller backup footprint. Being able to perform one full and
> incrementals after would be great.
Hi,

i've got a question about this.

I do a full backup once a month, every day an incremental and on
saturday an differential.

would you, bacula-users, suggest to do a VirtualFull on sunday?

does this merge all prior backups? means, does this use more disk space
or are the prior backups merged into one full?

maybe i could avoid a full once a month, to save bandwith and disk space?

greetings

juergen.