Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of catalog

2011-02-11 10:50:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup of catalog
From: "Dan Langille" <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: "Valerio Pachera" <sirio81 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 10:48:05 -0500
On Fri, February 11, 2011 8:24 am, Valerio Pachera wrote:
> 2011/2/11 Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>:
>>> no there are scripts called make_catalog_backup for example
>>> RunBeforeJob = "/usr/lib/bacula/make_catalog_backup bacula bacula"
>   RunBeforeJob = "/usr/lib/bacula/make_catalog_backup bacula bacula"
>   RunAfterJob  = "/usr/lib/bacula/delete_catalog_backup"
>   Max Wait Time = 12h
>> The beforejob will dump the contents of the bacula catalog using
>> mysqldump (will need another script for postgresql I bet),
>
> Ok, clear! Thank you.

FYI, I see value in not running the RunAfterJob.  Why not keep that backup
copy right there... just in case it is needed.  After all, if you need it,
you don't usually have access to Bacula, because you don't have your
Catalog.

FWIW, I copy the database dump to several other servers as well, local and
remote.

--
Dan Langille -- http://langille.org/