Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] How to automatically Purge Volumes if they are older than their Volume Retention time

2011-02-10 06:29:29
Subject: [Bacula-users] How to automatically Purge Volumes if they are older than their Volume Retention time
From: ml ml <mliebherr99 AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:27:10 +0100
Hello List,

I am using bacula as a disk-based backup tool.

I would now like to automatically purge Volumes when they are older
than their Volume Retention time. Otherwise those "old" Volumes will
eat up my disk space before they get reused again. I need them in
Purged status so that i can automatically truncate them.

However, Automatic recycling of Volumes is performed by Bacula only
when it wants a new Volume and no appendable Volumes are available in
the Pool.

Is there a way to automatically mark them purged if they are older
than their Volume Retention time?

Cheers,
Mario