Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple storage daemons on the same machine

2011-02-08 20:05:18
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple storage daemons on the same machine
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:01:52 -0500
> I have one iSCSI drive with more than one storage devices defined but when I
> run backup jobs only runs one an the others are waiting. I want it to run
> concurrently. I think that is possible running more than one storage daemon.
> I tried to execute bacula with more than one bacula-sd.conf (with different
> names and differents ports to listen 9104, 9105, ...) but it didn't worked.

You do not need multiple storage daemons. You probably need multiple
storage devices.

> Do you know if there's any way to run multiple jobs at same machine (using
> multiple storage daemons or something else)?

Did you turn on concurrency in your bacula-dir.conf? Are all of your
jobs the same priority? Are all jobs going to the same pool? If not
have you defined more than 1 storage device? Remember that a storage
device can only have 1 open bacula volume at a time so it is not
possible to use more than 1 pool on a single storage device at a time.

John