Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Job copy/migration: do it in bulk

2011-02-06 23:05:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Job copy/migration: do it in bulk
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bacula-devel <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 23:02:13 -0500
I recently changed how I do job copy.  I used to do them all at once.
and frequently.  Now I've moved to doing them in batches, once a day.
All my incr, all my diff, and all the fulls.

   http://www.freebsddiary.org/bacula-disk-to-tape-via-sql.php

Why?  Less tape churn.  Previously, the copy-all-from-pool approach was
mixing up different backup levels.  Thus, you might have an inc, diff,
inc, full, inc, diff... resulting in several tape changes.  By running
one copy job for just inc, then another copy job for diff, etc, the
tapes churn less.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/