Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Volumes removed and modified pool

2011-01-28 08:18:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Volumes removed and modified pool
From: Jose Antonio Rodriguez Martin <jarodriguez AT cgi DOT es>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 14:15:55 +0100
Hello list

I wanted to ask two questions.

The storage configured on the Bacula do on hard disk and then step on
the disk to LTO-3, through "tar-cvf ..." (I do not do it from the
Bacula, pq is infinitely slower than the tar). Then these tapes LTO,
keep them in safe place.
The case that I have not more free space on my hard disk and I had to
delete volumes "physically" hard drive ("rm-f xxx"). I have eliminated
these volumes stored on LTO tape.

1 - These volumes I've deleted, are set in the pool to be reused
within 6 months.
Then, as the Bacula to behave when they find these volumes removed for
reuse?, if not there, create another new volume, but will make
copies?.
If ever I do need to recover some files in those volumes, recover the
volume of the tape and issue solved.

I copied the current definition of the pool:

Pool {
        name = Monthly
        Pool Type = Backup
        Recycle = yes
        AutoPrune = yes
        Volume Retention = 6 months
        Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
        Label format = "Monthly-"
}

2 .- Another issue is that I want to change the definition of a pool,
which I have already created many volumes.
We want to remove a pool and modify other by changing the parameter
"Volume Retention."
Needless to say, we do not want to lose the information of all the
volumes that are created by the pool we will modify.
How should we act?

Thanks!!