Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] delete volume not remove on disk?

2011-01-26 20:09:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] delete volume not remove on disk?
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Randy Katz <rkatz AT simplicityhosting DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:07:09 -0500
On 1/26/2011 7:55 PM, Randy Katz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a delete volume=volumenate and it warns me it will delete the
> volume and all associated jobs and I confirmed.
> I see it did indeed delete all jobs associated with the volume, however,
> it did not remove
> the actual volume from the disk. Is this normal behavior? Please
> comment, thanks.

Yes.

BTW, this is quite clearly the expected behaviour.  The documentation:

http://www.bacula.org/5.0.x-manuals/en/console/console/Bacula_Console.html#delete

delete [volume=vol-name pool=pool-name job jobid=id]
     The delete command is used to delete a Volume, Pool or Job record
from the Catalog as well as all associated catalog Volume records that
were created. This command operates only on the Catalog database and has
no effect on the actual data written to a Volume.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/