Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Webacula - Zend can't connect SQL server

2011-01-26 03:26:46
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Webacula - Zend can't connect SQL server
From: "supporto.ced" <supporto.ced AT comune.nettuno.roma DOT it>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:24:29 -0800 (PST)
PDO_MYSQL is a driver that implements the PHP Data Objects (PDO) interface to
enable access from PHP to MySQL 3.x, 4.x and 5.x databases. It is contained
in php5-mysql package from apt-get.

I've just uninstalled php5-mysql package with

            apt-get purge php5-mysql

and reinstalled it with

            apt-get install php5-mysql

I've discovered that it wasn't working because I've launched the
check_system_requirements.php script contained in the webacula installation
tar and it gave to me this output: Warning. php pdo_mysql extension not
installed.

So my suggestion is follow all the steps contained in the INSTALL file from
the webacula installation tar, then lauch the check_system_requirements.php
script to ensure everything is working fine. If it is so and webacula isn't
still working, your only problems could be:

1) giving the right parameters to connect to the Catalog and webacula
databases in /var/www/webacula/application/config.ini
2) check carefully that all the path are correct
3) pay attention if you are using apache2 instead apache: in latest version
of apache2 the user isn't "apache" as the INSTALL file says but is
"www-data"

If someone has other questions I'll be happy to answer accordingly to my
experience.

Best regards, Stefano.