Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] [SOLVED] Re: changed exclude list doesn't get recognized

2011-01-17 11:37:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] [SOLVED] Re: changed exclude list doesn't get recognized
From: Paulo Martinez <martinezino AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 17:35:59 +0100
Am 03.01.2011 um 21:21 schrieb Paulo Martinez:
> Am 03.01.2011 um 10:42 schrieb Geert Stappers:
>> Op 20101220 om 22:49 schreef Paulo Martinez:
>>>
>>> First i had done a full backup with following fileset:
>>> (the job have Accurate = yes )
>>>
>>> FileSet {
>>>  Name = "appserver"
>>>  Include {
>>>            Options {
>>>                      signature = MD5
>>>                    }
>>>            File = "|/etc/appserver-client.filelist_inc"
>>>  }
>>>  Exclude {
>>>            File = "|/etc/appserver-client.filelist_exc"
>>>       }
>>> }
>>>
>>> Script echo is:
>>> $sh /etc/appserver-client.filelist_inc
>>> /app/share
>>>
>>> $sh /etc/appserver-client.filelist_exc
>>> /app/share/temp
>>>

>>> after the full backup i changed the exclude list
>>> by adding /app/share/test (directory reloaded)
>>>
>>> $sh /etc/appserver-client.filelist_exc
>>> /app/share/temp
>>> /app/share/test
>>>
>>> but all diff and inc backups are including changed files under /
>>> app/ share/test.
>>> I noticed this because the expected backup size reduction doesn't
>>> appear. Thought
>>> they must include the files not only as a exclusion information
>>> (accurate mode).
>>
>> Have you done a bacula 'reload' in bconsole ?
>

> Sure, all daemons were restarted. Therefore the director should
> reread the new fileset.
>
> The excluded files are still getting onto the tape. I will wait for
> the next full backup
> next week and see if this is still the case.

The cause was some permissions on the path. The script check if it is
a directory.
Because the director runs as bacula, the script echo'd only some
directories and
missed to echo /app/share/test because it was not readable/executable
by bacula.

To test i use now: su -l bacula -m -c /etc/appserver-client.filelist_exc

this issue was a time burner :-(

Cheers
PM