Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tape compression not working LTO-5

2011-01-14 15:38:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tape compression not working LTO-5
From: Arunav Mandal <dibun AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, <jarodriguez AT cgi DOT es>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 21:36:38 +0100
My stinit.def is given below. I don't know if that is correct or not since I never found any settings from HP drive docs

# HP Ultrium 5-SCSI
manufacturer=HP model= "Ultrium 5-SCSI" {
scsi2logical=1
#can-bsr=1
#auto-lock=0
#two-fms=0
drive-buffering
buffering=1
read-ahead=1
async-writes=1
#can-partitions=0
#fast-eom=1
density=0x58
blocksize=0
mode1 compression=1
mode2 compression=1
mode3 compression=1
mode4 compression=1
}

If anybody let me know if these settings are correct then that will be very helpful.

Under /sys/class/scsi_tape/nst0 I have these values default_blksize=0, default_compression=1, default_density=0x58

Arunav.