Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Behavior with symlinks

2011-01-11 10:27:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] Behavior with symlinks
From: Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:24:22 -0300
Hi all!

I'm using the following generic FileSet for various clients. The server
has Bacula 5.0.2 and the clients have Bacula 2.4.4 (Debian repositories)

# DGB - 20100729
FileSet {
  Name = "StandardBackup"
  Include {
    Options {
      signature = SHA1
      compression=GZIP
    }
    File = /etc
    File = "\\|bash -c \"find /space/ -name backup -o -name log\""
  }
}

I wonder if there is any option that can be used in a FileSet on which I
can set the way to treat symlinks when they are found. My idea is to
have something like the --copy-links option of rsync that can be used
with Bacula, although I do not know if this should be supported by both
the server and the clients (so I put the versions).

Since not all clients have symbolic links in these directories, would be
ideal to use a option with this generic FileSet.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37