Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Excluding subversion folders

2011-01-10 16:39:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Excluding subversion folders
From: Steve Ellis <ellis AT brouhaha DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:23:35 -0800
On 1/10/2011 7:29 AM, Guy wrote:
> Indeed it was and that for me is the right thing. It's all in subversion
> which is it's self backed up.
>
> ---Guy
> (via iPhone)
>
> On 10 Jan 2011, at 15:18, Dan Langille<dan AT langille DOT org>  wrote:

However, if you have people planning on making commits to subversion,
you've also now excluded their (uncommitted) changes as well.  If that
is what you want (which it could be if all your subversion checkouts are
really 'read-only'--i.e. for reference), then you're all set--otherwise,
if you want to exclude just the contents of the .svn directory (which
has unmodified copies of everything in the parent directory), you might
want to use one of the file or directory names from the .svn directory
(there are several, unfortunately, none quite as unlikely to otherwise
appear as .svn).

-se