Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Error: bsock.c:208 gethostbyname() after domain name change

2011-01-04 12:38:37
Subject: [Bacula-users] Error: bsock.c:208 gethostbyname() after domain name change
From: pgf <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:35:38 -0500
Guy wrote:
> In your conf file are you using fully qualified host names?  Ie
> host.newdomain or just hostname?

Dan, thanks for the hint. I had one entry in bacula-dir.conf that was not fully
qualified. Just what was caching the old domain name is still unclear, but only
Bacula seemed to be affected. Everything else on the system resolves using the
correct domain name. Anyway, the problem has been circumvented for now by
specifying FQDNs everywhere in the config file and I can back up my systems.