Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Howto restore with SSH-tunnel.

2011-01-03 08:20:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Howto restore with SSH-tunnel.
From: Jari Fredriksson <jarif AT iki DOT fi>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 15:18:28 +0200
On 3.1.2011 14:54, Mister IT Guru wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 12:50, Dan Langille wrote:
>> On 1/3/2011 6:15 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:
>>> I implemented backup via SSH-tunnel following the Bacula-wiki, works
>>> like charm.
>>>
>>> But how to restore? Of course one can restore to the Bacula server or
>>> another local machine, and then somehow move the files to the target...
>>> but how to restore to the target machine directly?
>>>
>>> Options that come to mind:
>>>
>>> 1. Create separate restore jobs for each firewalled machine - uh
>>> 2. Manually start the ssh-tunnel just before activating the selection
>>>
>>> How did you do it?
>> Sorry, this does not directly help: I use OpenVPN instead of ssh.
>>
> I would agree with this solution as well, the difference in overhead is
> very negligible, and it's pretty slick setup

Our LAN (where Bacula server is) is behind NAT, in 10.x.x.x network, we
can only be contacted via SSH from internet. The backed up servers do
have public IP, but they are behind SSH port only.

Would OpenVPN work?

--

When you are about to die, a wombat is better than no company at all.
                -- Roger Zelazny, "Doorways in the Sand"