Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Volstatus and tape change

2011-01-01 10:59:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Volstatus and tape change
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 10:55:13 -0500
On 12/31/2010 9:33 PM, John Drescher wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 9:33 PM, John Drescher<drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>>> I changed a tape for monthly backups. The tape was removed yet still had
>>> space available. I wonder if I would change the Volstatus for the tape
>>> removed or although the tape have space available, it will be ignored
>>> for not being in the autochanger.
>>>
>>> If I had to change the Volstatus, what should I assign? I was looking
>>> for in the documentation of Bacula but I did not find a description for
>>> each Volstatus.
>>>

>> Used if you want it to recycle after its retention period ends.
>> Archive if you do not.
>
> BTW, Remember that the retention period does not start till a volume
> is marked Full or Used.

That made me think.

Is it the date/time the Volume is marked Full or Used?

Or

The date/time of the last written job of a volume that is marked used or
full?

Under usual circumstances, the two dates would be the same.  If it is
the former, where in the database is that the date of marking full/used
kept?  media.lastwritten?  If so, is that field updated when the
volstatus field changes?

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/