Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] LTO3 Device in Bacula

2010-12-23 11:40:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] LTO3 Device in Bacula
From: Telemat <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:37:47 -0500
@ Phil right the output of mt -f /dev/st0 status is: -

SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=-1, block nymber=-1, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x0 (default).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (50000):
DR_OPEN IM_REP_EN

I should think so as we have 2 other servers running ClearOS 5.2 and one has a
DLT tape drive whilst the other has a DAT72 and I have managed to get them to
work.

@ drescherjm - There are no error messages. I am not sure if you have used
ClearOS, but once you install Bacula you get the LAN Backup/Recovery option and
in there you can select Advanced Configuration, there is an option to configure
storeage. Now on both the other 2 servers I have set up, when you select the
storage device it shows it's media type as DLT and DAT respectively. On this
server however, it shows the device as File, which is incorrect.

I'm not 100% sure that media type and device type should be LTO3, LTO, LTO-3 or
even Tape as I can't seem to find any official reference to such devices in the
Bacula documentation. Google is usually your friend, but on this occassion it
hasn't given up the goods.

Cheers