Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Brestore Problem

2010-12-23 05:34:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Brestore Problem
From: Jeremy Maes <jma AT schaubroeck DOT be>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:11:07 +0100
On 2010-12-21 10:04, dietervh wrote:
All,

since I'm using Bacula for a while , I was wondered if there were more possibilities to restore besides bconsole.
So I discovered bresto / brestore.

Now I've been searching the web for some hours, without finding any solutions for following problem :

When I go to http://host.domain.cc/cgi-bin/bweb/bweb.pl (which works great) --> Jobs --> Web restore.
I see a GUI where I can select a client (I see all my clients in the dropdown list.), and select a job for that client (I also see all the jobs for a selected client).

Now ... my issue : I can't see any files for a selected job. Neither if I define a / as location.
As you can load bweb without problems and already get the ExtJS restore GUI I'm guessing the installation of bweb etc went fine.

Your problem sounds to me like you haven't added the correct tables/columns to your bacula database yet for brestore to get its information from.
For example when you're using mysql there should be a file bweb-mysql.sql in the bweb source. You can add the tables/colums from that file by executing:
    mysql -u bacula bacula < bweb-mysql.sql

If you're using postgresql or if you have password protected your catalog database you'll need to change the command a bit to suit your needs.

You will probably also have to run the following command to populate the tables you just added with the following command:
    /path/to/bweb/cgi/bresto.pl action="">
It's a good idea to schedule this command in with one of your last jobs every day so that the information gets updated automatically.

I've done this already :

Added following lines to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/mime.conf

AddType text/brestore .pl
AddType text/brestore /usr/bin/brestore.pl

Added following line to /etc/mimes

text/brestore                                   brestore.pl

Executed following commands

mkdir -p /usr/share/brestore
install -m 644 -o root -g root brestore.glade /usr/share/brestore
install -m 755 -o root -g root brestore.pl    /usr/bin

Installed the perl dependencies (by apt-getting them)

The only think I don't get, where do I have to put the configuration files?
Suggestions where I have to look?
I know of no specific brestore configuration files needed to make it work.
Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Jeremy Maes

**** DISCLAIMER ****