Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How change the MedId for an exist Volume

2010-12-15 14:32:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How change the MedId for an exist Volume
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 19:29:50 GMT

> I would like to know how to change the MediaId from a VolumeName.
> Just for backup Media/Volume sort organization.
>
> Can somebody help me? Is it possible? Is it recommended?

It isn't recommended, but you could do it with some SQL commands if you are
very careful.

Purge the volume first, otherwise you will need to update the jobmedia table
as well.  You may need to adjust the SQL sequence that controls the automatic
numbering of new volumes as well, if you new MediaId is higher.  There may be
other problems that I haven't though about...

__Martin