Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Wild-carding rules

2010-12-15 09:50:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] Wild-carding rules
From: Davin Church <davinchurch AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 08:41:48 -0600
Ok, I'm probably doing something stupid that's obvious to everyone
else.  Perhaps someone can point it out to me?

I'm running Bacula v3.0.3a on WinXP and most things seem to be
working fine.  I'm trying to specify some file extensions that are
not to be zipped (e.g. ".gzip", ".jpg", etc.), but it seems to be
zipping them anyway.  So I built a simple test case and I can't
figure out how to get it to respect the exceptions.

My FileSet has three Options (which I use for all my jobs), followed
by a file list (a large single text file in this sample case).  The
first Options specifies particular files & directories to exclude -
this seems to be working fine.  The second Options specifies file
types not to compress (it contains no compression directive).  The
third Options just lists the default options (including compression)
to be used for all other files.

Here's the contents of my second Options resource, stripped back to
just my test case.  It shows all the ways I've tried specifying the
files to be selected by this option and thus not compressed.

Options {
     Check File Changes = Yes
     Hard Links = No
     Ignore Case = Yes
     Enhanced Wild = Yes
     MTime Only = Yes
     No ATime = Yes
     Signature = MD5
     Wild File = "c:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Bacula/Work/*.noziptest"
     Wild      = "c:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Bacula/Work/*.noziptest"
     Wild File = "c:/*/*/*/*/*/*.noziptest"
     Wild      = "c:/*/*/*/*/*/*.noziptest"
     Wild File = "c:/*/*.noziptest"
     Wild      = "c:/*/*.noziptest"
     Wild File = "c:/*.noziptest"
     Wild      = "c:/*.noziptest"
     Wild File = "*.noziptest"
     Wild      = "*.noziptest"
}

Even with this whole list of alternatives, none of them seem to be matching:
     File = "c:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application
Data/Bacula/Work/bacula.noziptest"
and it's getting backed up according to my default options which
includes compression.

So, what might I be doing wrong here?

Davin