Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using Copy Job to create quarterly FULL backups

2010-12-01 07:00:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using Copy Job to create quarterly FULL backups
From: Paulo Martinez <martinezino AT googlemail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 12:55:20 +0100
Am 01.12.2010 um 02:35 schrieb Dan Langille:

> This is different from what I want.  You are doing a Full backup
> every six months. I'm doing one every month.  But every quarter, one
> of the backups goes to a different pool.  Thus, I need two backup
> Jobs.  One with a quarterly Schedule, another with a non-quarterly
> shedule. something like this:

Interesting setup.

> Schedule {
>  Name = "QuarterlyCycle"
>  Run = Level=Full jan apr jul oct 1st sun at 8:15
> }
>
> Schedule {
>  Name = "Q-OtherCycle"
>  Run = Level=Full Feb Mar May Jun Aug Sep Nov Dec 1st sun at 8:15
>  Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 5:55
>  Run = Incremental mon-sat at 5:55
> }
>
> Then two Jobs:
>

> Job {
>  Name     = "BackupCatalog"
>   Full Backup Pool = Full-month
>   Differential Backup Pool = Differential-week
>   Incremental Backup Pool = Incremental-day
> }
>

> Job {
>   Name     = "Quarterly"
>   Full Backup Pool = Full-quarterly
> }

I am not sure if "Full Backup Pool = Full-month" can be overwritten by
the Schedule Resource.

Schedule {

  Name = "Q-OtherCycle and QuarterlyCycle"

  Run = Level=Full Pool=Full-quarterly jan         apr
jul         oct         1st sun at 8:15
  Run = Level=Full Pool=Full-month         Feb Mar     May Jun     Aug
Sep     Nov Dec 1st sun at 8:15

  Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 5:55
  Run = Incremental mon-sat at 5:55
}

in this case the Differential backups would use also the last Full-
quarterly backup as reference.

Does the schedule "pool"-entry override the job "Full Backup Pool"-
entry ?

PM