Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding purge

2010-11-22 13:59:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Understanding purge
From: Blake Dunlap <ikiris AT gmail DOT com>
To: Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 12:55:00 -0600
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:02, Dermot Beirne <dermot.beirne AT dpd DOT ie> wrote:
That particular feature would be good news for me at least!
I definitely would really like to see the ability to automatically
purge volumes also, and leave it to the user to decide if they want to
preserve the data as long as possible.
The patch you posted a link to is for version 3.0.1
Do you know if it would still apply to 5.0.3?

If you can point me to a description of how to apply patches to bacula
also, that would be helpful.  I haven't used patches before.

Do you normally use the binary distributions (rpms etc) or compile bacula from source?

-Blake