Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula Media Rotation

2010-11-18 09:58:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula Media Rotation
From: Telemat <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:55:36 -0500
Hi Guys,

Still having issues with Bacula :(

Basically the media rotation isn't working. Here is an example of my pool
definition: -

Pool&#123;
&nbsp; Name = "MondayPool"
&nbsp; PoolType = "Backup"
&nbsp; Recycle = "yes"
&nbsp; Autoprune = "yes"
&nbsp; VolumeRetention = 13 days
&nbsp; VolumeUseDuration = 23 hours
&nbsp; LabelFormat = ""
&nbsp; MaximumVolumes = "2"
&nbsp; RecycleOldestVolume = "yes"
&#125;

What is happening is that Monday0001 is used during week 1 and Monday0002 is
used during week 2, now week3 Bacula is asking for Monday0002 and not
Monday0001 as I think it should. I understand that Bacula will use any media in
a pool that is flagged append. So I guess what I need to know how to do is when
Monday0001 is used, it keeps it for at least 7 days and after Monday0002 is
used (kept for 7 days), Monday0001 is flagged as writable and so on.

Would setting RecycleCurrentVolume = yes be better than RecycleOldestVolume =
yes?

Cheers

Emyr