Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Unable to position to end of data on device

2010-11-11 09:09:15
Subject: [Bacula-users] Unable to position to end of data on device
From: Alexander Kosykh <avkosykh AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:05:53 +0300
Hi.

I run my bacula on FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE (ProLiant ML370 G3) with HP MSL6000 ULTRIUM960. My bacula server was hard reseted then bacula write on tape. Then server came up and bacula start working it mark tape in "error" with log message
11-Nov 13:41 backup-sd JobId 401: Error: Unable to position to end of data on device "ULTRIUM960" (/dev/sa0): ERR=dev.c:956 ioctl MTEOM error on "ULTRIUM960" (/dev/sa0). ERR=Input/output error.

I test this tape with mt and get this
 #mt -f /dev/sa0 eod
mt: /dev/sa0: eod: Input/output error

How can i fix that tape to keep data that already on it and will be able to append data till end of tape?

Regards,
Alexander.