Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] unwanted fullbackup

2010-11-10 08:36:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] unwanted fullbackup
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:33:51 GMT

> On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 07:47:58AM -0300, Kleber Leal wrote:
> > Please, post your jobs and jobdefs and schedules.
> >
> > Have you used Max Full Interval directive?
> >

> No i haven´t used this option. But i think i have seen a mistake. I used
> a file retention of 30 days in the client definition. Which has
> priority? Client def or pool def?

In theory if the Pool File Retention is set then the Client File Retention is
ignored.  However, the code is broken in 5.0.3 so it doesn't always work like
that.

It doesn't matter though, because File Retention will never cause it to
promote an incremental to a full (it just prevents restore from selecting
files).  Only Job Retention, Volume Retention or explicit purge/delete will
cause jobs to be removed from the catalog.

Is the original full still in the catalog (use list jobs)?

Did you change the fileset definition at all sinze the original full?

__Martin