Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Same client, different servers

2010-11-03 14:14:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Same client, different servers
From: Eduardo Júnior <ihtraum18 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 14:55:32 -0300
Hi,

>>> However, I think you can use Address = my-server and have multiple
>>> addresses
>>> in the DNS for my-server.  Bacula will use the first address that accepts
>>> connection so you need to ensure that the DNS server returns the
>>> addresses in
>>> a fixed order (server1 first).
>>>

>> Ok, I get it. But I continue with manual work, having to change the
>> order of the A records.
>
> You don't, your DNS server does.  But that's not important right now...

Oh, i get it.
Yes, this looks like be the better alternative.

>> Then, as I can only have one Address in the Client section, the best
>> alternative is
>> create a virtual IP, that automatically change between server1 and
>> server2 according to
>> availability, and in the Client section I point to that IP.
>
> A virtual IP or a hostname?

A virtual IP.

Server1 has IP1
Server2 has IP2
And the IP3 is floating.

It is assigned to server that is primary in that time.
When server1 goes down for any reason, IP3 goes to server2 automatically.

I already this situation working, but your suggestion is good too.

thanks,

> When one server takes over from the other, how do the clients connect to the
> right host?  Isn't this the same problem?
>
> --
> Dan Langille - http://langille.org/

[]'s

--