Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Installation and initial setup success, everything else fails

2010-11-01 04:52:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Installation and initial setup success, everything else fails
From: pocmatos AT gmail DOT com (Paulo J. Matos)
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:46:09 +0000
Hi,

I installed bacula 5.0.2 using the mysql backend on ubuntu 10.10 using the
ubuntu repositories.

Everything went well. The databases were correctly setup. Testing shows
no problems:
,----
| pmatos@mietzekatze:~$ sudo bacula-dir -t -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
| pmatos@mietzekatze:~$ sudo bacula-fd -t -c /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
| pmatos@mietzekatze:~$ sudo bacula-sd -t -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
`----

Running bat fails with the error " ", and then aborts with a Segmentation Fault.
,----
| bat: ABORTING due to ERROR in console/console.cpp:155
| Failed to connect to localhost-dir for populateLists
`----

On the command line:
,----
| pmatos@mietzekatze:~$ sudo bat
| Segmentation fault
`----

bconsole gives me no change to do anything:
,----
| pmatos@mietzekatze:~$ sudo bconsole
| Connecting to Director localhost:9101
| pmatos@mietzekatze:~$
`----

Any tips on what I can do to fix this or to understand what's going
wrong?

Cheers,

--
PMatos