Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Volume rotate?

2010-09-20 22:15:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] Volume rotate?
From: Michael Van Der Beek <michael.van AT antlabs DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:58:53 +0800
Hi Guys,

I've setup a Bacula to backup 5 mounted NFS drives.
These are backing up machines that are running Redhat 9 and
Solaris 5.9. So I don't really want to attempt to compile clients on them :)

What is troubling me is that the backup just goes through the Full,
differential cycles and it does not create new volumes.
The setups are identical for each of these 5 directories.

Here are some of the configs. Any suggestion as to how to get bacula to create
a new volume on each Full backup?
The cycle is basically one full backup every 7 days.

Pool {
  Name = bss
  Pool Type = Backup
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 26
  Volume Retention = 180 days
  Volume Use Duration = 7
  Recycle = yes
  AutoPrune = yes
  Maximum Volumes = 26               # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
  LabelFormat = bss-
}

FileSet {
  Name = bss