Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Incremental backup saves files not modified

2010-09-10 06:23:01
Subject: [Bacula-users] Incremental backup saves files not modified
From: Personal Técnico <tecnicos AT caos.uab DOT es>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 12:18:34 +0200
Hi,

My bacula server is doing incremental backups from remote users (Windows
or Linux) and is saving files that have not been modified from last
incremental backup (one day before).
For example:

list files jobid=16350
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Filename

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005361.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005362.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005364.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005365.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005370.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005371.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005373.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005374.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005377.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005378.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005379.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005380.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005381.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005382.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005383.JPG |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+--------+----------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+------------+-----------+
| JobId  | Name           | StartTime           | Type | Level |
JobFiles | JobBytes   | JobStatus |
+--------+----------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+------------+-----------+
| 16,350 | Backup-Kerstin | 2010-09-04 13:44:45 | B    | I     |
15 | 13,871,823 | T         |
+--------+----------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+------------+-----------+

list files jobid=16365
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Filename

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005361.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005362.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005364.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005365.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005370.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005371.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005373.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005374.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005377.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005378.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005379.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005380.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005381.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005382.JPG |
| C:\Documents and Settings\pwendt\Mis documentos/docs/privat/fotos
sortieren/S5005383.JPG |
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+--------+----------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+------------+-----------+
| JobId  | Name           | StartTime           | Type | Level |
JobFiles | JobBytes   | JobStatus |
+--------+----------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+------------+-----------+
| 16,365 | Backup-Kerstin | 2010-09-05 13:00:11 | B    | I     |
15 | 13,871,823 | T         |

Information above is the list of saved files from two daily user backups
(both incremental). User has told me that she has not modified files, so
it seems there is a problem in how bacula determines is a file need to
be backup or not.

Help, please, help, because this problem also occurs in our department
server...

Thanks.