Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Several "Exclude Dir Containing" in a fileset

2010-09-08 09:07:11
Subject: [Bacula-users] Several "Exclude Dir Containing" in a fileset
From: "Marcus Mülbüsch, AS-Infodienste GmbH (Systemadministration)" <muelbuesch AT as-infodienste DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 14:37:46 +0200
Hello all,

    I had an 'Exclude Dir Containing = ".exclude"' in the fileset for
the windows clients. Now, for a "regular" user it's quite difficult to
rename a file to a ".name" under Windows, besides a name as
"data.nobackup" is more clear.

    To not search for all the ".exclude" files on the other clients my
idea was to insert two filenames to use in "Exclude Dir Containing".

    However, as soon as I include two lines:

 > Exclude Dir Containing = ".exclude"
 > Exclude Dir Containing = "data.nobackup"

    the test yields:

"Orphaned buffer:  bacula-dir  9 bytes buf=80d4d60 allocated at
inc_conf.c:600"

    Strangely, it works. At least in a way: The directories containing
either of the filenames are not backed up.

    However, the clients seem to take "forever". Without the error an
incremental Backup of about 10MiB takes less than a minute, with the two
lines included the same backup takes about five minutes.

    Both Director and Client are Version: '5.0.2 (28 April 2010)', using
the stable gentoo ebuild 'app-backup/bacula-5.0.2-r1"

    Is there a way to make bacula accept two filenames to indicate that
it shall not backup that dir?

Marcus