Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] client 5.0.1 depends on libmysqlclient_r.so.15

2010-08-16 23:34:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] client 5.0.1 depends on libmysqlclient_r.so.15
From: "Gary R. Schmidt" <grs AT mcleod-schmidt.id DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:20:25 +1000
On Tue, August 17, 2010 00:08, Reinhard Haller wrote:
> Am 16.08.2010 15:38, schrieb mator:
> From older versions of the client and the actual Win64 client I know
> there is no real dependency on
> mysql.
Correct.

> Unfortunately the src rpm build needs a complete build with the
> database included.
No, it doesn't.  Configure with  --enable-client-only.

> I haven't
> the resouces on the client machine to do it.
Just whack up a VM somewhere.  It's just a handful of libraries, scripts,
and binaries.

> Installing a rpm with NODEP without knowing the consequences seems a bit
> risky to me.
Well, it could be a mistake, but you are already trusting whoever provided
the package in the first place.  (And, at worst it will just crash the
machine at start-up!  :->)

        Cheers,
                Gary    B-)