Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Trying to write to a second file device

2010-08-09 16:39:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Trying to write to a second file device
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:37:07 -0400
> I want bacula to automatically use File2 when File is full.
> I assumed labeling it would add it to the pool and it would just use it
> as it's available and not full.
>
> If I edit the jobdefs then when file2 is full I'll have to edit it again to
> switch back to File...
>
> Any ideas ?

One option is could use the Bacula virtual disk changer. To make your
disk storage to turn into a virtual autochanger with each storage
being an autochanger magazine.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vchanger/

However that will be incompatible with your current volumes so you
would either have to drop them or migrate.

John