Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problems with multiple drives in changer

2010-08-05 16:16:24
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problems with multiple drives in changer
From: Jon Schewe <jpschewe AT mtu DOT net>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 15:13:46 -0500
 So I've got 2 drives in my tape library. Up until now I've only had
bacula using the first drive. Right now that drive is giving me some
trouble, so I want to tell bacula to switch to the second drive, but
bacula won't do that. When I try to mount a volume with the tape library
I get the following output from bacula-sd (with debug=100):
mn-server-sd: stored.c:552-0 Could not open device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst1)
mn-server-sd: dircmd.c:599-0 Try changer device Drive-0
mn-server-sd: dircmd.c:611-0 Device DLT-changer not autoselect skipped.
mn-server-sd: dircmd.c:599-0 Try changer device Drive-1
mn-server-sd: dircmd.c:620-0 Device DLT-changer drive wrong: want=0
got=1 skipping

Here's my device sections, note that Autoselect is set to "no" on Drive-0.
Autochanger {
  Name = DLT-changer
  Device = Drive-0
  Device = Drive-1
  Changer Command = "/usr/lib/bacula/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
  Changer Device = /dev/tape_lib_changer0
}

Device {
  Name = Drive-0                      #
  Drive Index = 0
  Media Type = DLT-7000
  Archive Device = /dev/nst0
  AutomaticMount = yes               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
  AutoChanger = yes
  Autoselect = no
  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
  #Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}
Device {
  Name = Drive-1                      #
  Drive Index = 1
  Media Type = DLT-7000
  Archive Device = /dev/nst1
  AutomaticMount = yes               # when device opened, read it
  AlwaysOpen = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  RandomAccess = no
  AutoChanger = yes
  # Enable the Alert command only if you have the mtx package loaded
  #Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
}

I saw someone with a similar problem awhile back on the list, but they
never got an answer.
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg29543.html

--
Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe
If you see an attachment named signature.asc, this is my digital