Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula confused about slots on autochanger

2010-08-05 14:20:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula confused about slots on autochanger
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 14:17:02 -0400
On 8/4/2010 5:43 PM, Maria Mckinley wrote:
> On 8/3/2010 9:20 PM, Maria McKinley wrote:
>   >  >  It seems that part of the problem I have been having with backup is
> that
>   >  >  bacula is having communication problems with the autochanger. Bacula
>   >  >  tells the autochanger to load slot 3, but instead slot 2 is loaded:
> On some systems, (BSD?) slot numbers are expected to begin at zero.
> Bacula (and Linux) expect slot numbers to begin at one. When Bacula
> sends a command to the autochanger to load slot 1, it is expecting the
> first slot to be loaded. But on systems that number from zero, when you
> use mtx to load slot 1 it will actually load the second slot. This can
> be worked around by changing your autochanger script to subtract 1 from
> the slot number on a load command and add 1 to slot numbers for the
> loaded and list commands.
>
> I am running linux, but this sounds like it would fix the problem. It
> isn't clear to me what to change. Here is the relevant bit from my
> script (3 is the input argument for slots). I don't think I can just
> change the setup argument to slot=$3+1, but not entirely sure why not:

It is not the problem if you are running Linux. But it does look like
the output of the mtx-changer script is not correct for the 'list'
command. The excerpt from your mtx-changer script looks quite different
from the one installed on my Linux system by Bacula 5.0.2. What version
of Bacula are you using? What is the actual output of:

billie:~#  /usr/lib64/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg2 list