Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Spooling

2010-08-02 16:54:29
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Spooling
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:50:47 -0400
On 8/2/2010 3:29 PM, Alan Brown wrote:
> Dan Langille wrote:
>> On 7/30/2010 8:16 AM, Alan Brown wrote:
>>> Has anyone else seen the despooling threshold decrease after a few
>>> days/weeks of operation in 5.0.2?
>>>
>>> I have 300Gb free and job despool threshold set to 100gb, but it's now
>>> insisting on despooling when it hits 8Gb
>>
>> Hey Alan...
>>
>> How's the disk space in that filesystem?
>
> df gives upwards of 90% free (~295Gb)
>
>> What's the output of ls -l in the spooling directory?
>
> A few files, but nowhere near the 100Gb total, let alone the 100Gb per
> job limit.
>

> If it was lack of disk space or a congested directory I'd understand why
> it's playing up. This just seems to happen periocically and the only
> cure is to restart bacula-sd

Hmmm.  I'm not doing any spooling at the moment; all my jobs are now to
HDD, so spooling isn't logical.

I wonder... does the despooling level reduce on a consistent basis all
through the two week period?  Or does it suddenly drop.  This sounds
like it calls for a pretty graph... ;)

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/