Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] new server

2010-07-28 07:11:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] new server
From: Bill Szkotnicki <bszk AT uoguelph DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 06:35:09 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I have a server doing backups with bacula onto a file system.
The director is version 2.4.4
and the database is mysql.
It does the backups for a variety of clients ( mac, windows, and linux clients )

Now I am in the process of setting up a new server to take over.
It is bigger and faster.

Is there any documentation about for this?

The new machine will have the same IP address as the old one.
I would hope that it would not be necessary to go around and update all the
clients out there on older machines.

I could move the database into the new machine and the new director should just
take over from where the old one left off not having to redo the full backups
etc...

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks, Bill