Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Multiple Next Pools

2010-07-21 11:04:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] Multiple Next Pools
From: Enrico van Goor <enrico.vangoor AT isp.solcon DOT nl>
To: Bacula-Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:26:09 +0200
Hi all,

We make backups of about 200 server at the moment, to disk. Twice a week
a Full backup and 5 times a week an incremental. Every day is a
different pool, so the tape drives won't interfere with the backup to
disk and vice versa. We write the data to tape using a copy job.

The tapes have a retention of 30 days. Now we want to archive some data
forever. Lets say 100 years. The thought was, since we already have the
data on disk I wanted to use a second copy job to copy the data to a
separate pool, where we use a Migrate job to move the data to a
different tape set.

So what I basically want is that data is copied on a daily basis to
pool_a and once a month to pool_a and pool_b.

I can't figure out how to configure this. I don't know if it is even
possible. Can anyone help me with this?

Kind regards,

Enrico van Goor
System & Network Engineer.