Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2 restore files from tape very slow

2010-07-19 09:59:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula 5.0.2 restore files from tape very slow
From: "May, John" <john.may AT fugrohorizons DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:50:41 -0600
Monday morning, 3 days later and it is still restoring.  It's finished about
600GB, which is less than half of what is on the two tapes.  I'm pretty sure
that only one job was written to the tape at the time of backup.  Also, I
thought 'bextract' would be faster than a normal restore, since I'm telling it
restore everything on tape, and not just individual jobs.  Is there anyway I
can speed this up?  Next up is an 8TB restore, and I dread to think how long
that will take.

John