Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Setup Bacula Sun Solaris 10 SPARC

2010-07-07 06:05:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Setup Bacula Sun Solaris 10 SPARC
From: Fred <fred AT nfrance DOT com>
To: Koray AGAYA <insanadair AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 11:43:03 +0200
Hello,

if I can add some precisions.

Le mercredi 07 juillet 2010 11:26:22, Anatoly Pugachev a écrit :
> Koray,
>
> please see below,
>

> most SUNW* packages are from installation media (dvd/cd) of Solaris 10.
> If you don't have installation dvd/cd disks, you can download them for
> free from sun.com site.

And normally, they should have been installed i the full cluster has been
chosed at install.

> > b. How to use A typical configuration command below ?
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > CFLAGS="-g" ./configure \
> >
> >   --sbindir=$HOME/bacula/bin \
> >   --sysconfdir=$HOME/bacula/bin \
> >   --with-mysql=$HOME/mysql \
> >   --enable-smartalloc \
> >   --with-pid-dir=$HOME/bacula/bin/working \
> >   --with-subsys-dir=$HOME/bacula/bin/working \
> >   --with-working-dir=$HOME/bacula/working
>
> this lines can be put into command line/batch/shell file, and
> then run from the bacula source directory. This makes bacula to be
> configured to be installed into $HOME/bacula directory.

Personnally, I prefer puting this stuff on /usr/local or /opt/. I hate having
systems binaries in my home.

> > c. How to compile bacula-5.0.2 ?
>
> after you have finished with installing needed SUNW* packages and also
> with steps [a] and [b] you can compile and install bacula with 2 more
> command in bacula sources directory:
>
> 1) "make"
> 2) if "make" was success, "make install" for installation.

Beware !

My last test for building Bacula on Solaris ran into troubles because of the
falvour of make I cast. You'll ma be facing error if you use Sun Studio's
Compiler. This is not sure, but, be prepared.

Since, I jump into Gentoo Sparc and Bacula is building fine ;)